At the heart of quality care, a strong relationship develops between patients, their families, and caregivers. Relationship-based care makes a significant difference in health care with the intent of easing uncertainty and creating a caring and healing environment.
Hospital stays can sometimes leave patients with a sense of apprehension and fear, but quality care and attention from your healthcare team can help remove and ease these anxieties.
Relationship-Based Care is our Care Delivery Model at Jupiter Medical Center. It is a philosophy of caring that places the patient and family at the center of all that we do. This philosophy is reflected in Jupiter Medical Center’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Jupiter Medical Center’s healthcare team takes pride in providing the best possible care through Relationship-Based Care.
Principles of Relationship-Based Care
- The essence of caring is human connection: harmony, healing and spirit.
- Informed caring is knowledge and skills.
- Everyone has a valuable contribution to make.
- Relationships between patients, their families and caregivers are at the heart of the care we deliver.
- A therapeutic relationship between the patient/family and a professional nurse is at the core of quality care.
- Knowledge of self and self-care are fundamental requirements for quality care and healthy interpersonal relationships.
- Healthy work relationships and environments result in high patient, staff and physician satisfaction.
- People are most satisfied when their roles and daily work practices are in alignment with their personal and professional values.
- Empowerment and ownership of work and practice are essential elements of Relationship-Based Care.
- Transformational change happens one relationship at a time.