Process Improvement and Innovation
What is Process Improvement and Innovation?
- The Process Improvement and Innovation Department (PI&I) is Jupiter Medical Center’s name for its operating system aimed at improving processes organization-wide.
- The department was formed to lead team member education, process improvement and communication activities. It will help teams overcome roadblocks, develop data-driven decisions and support cultural change so we can keep improving our work.
- Process Improvement and Innovation uses the standardized principles and philosophies of ‘Lean’ to identify and resolve issues within work areas through the elimination of waste/inefficiencies in processes – making work easier, safer and better for the benefit of patients, and for all of Jupiter Medical Center’s team members and customers.
- Although the ‘Lean’ philosophy is derived from the manufacturing industry, its core idea of maximizing customer value while minimizing waste can be effectively applied to many industries – including healthcare.
- Lean is a way of thinking and part of a culture that is established within a business such as a hospital or health system of care.
- The goal of Lean, and therefore of Process Improvement and Innovation, is to create value for Jupiter Medical Center’s customers by understanding the value and focusing on improving key processes.
- Process Improvement and Innovation also uses the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle (PDCA) as a methodical approach to solving problems and implementing solutions to make our jobs easier, safer and better for everyone.
Enjoy the videos below, featuring first-hand testimonials by Jupiter Medical Center team members whose roles have been positively impacted through process improvement.
Getting Results with Process Improvement from Jupiter Medical Center on Vimeo.
Thank You Process Improvement from Jupiter Medical Center on Vimeo.
Process Improvement Spotlights:
Wound Care Begins Healing Process
Imaging Team Performs Advanced Diagnostics on Processes
Bronze Award is Icing on the Cookie for Pavilion