Most fitness centers provide an introductory session to go over facility
rules and procedures. But after you find your routine, it can be easy
to forget the proper fitness center etiquette. Here are some reminders
of what NOT to do at your fitness center!
- DON’T forget to wipe down the equipment. Although staff make rounds
to clean the equipment, everyone should do their share in maintaining
a sanitary environment.
- DON’T play music without your headsets. Even though you love Michael
Jackson, the person next to you might have a different taste in workout tunes.
- DON’T take your phone calls in the fitness center. Most workouts
require a great deal of concentration and your personal phone call can
easily break someone else’s focus.
- DON’T forget to re-rack your weights. It’s very impressive
how much weight you can lift, but be mindful of the fact the next individual
may not be as strong.
- DON’T wear scented perfumes, colognes or lotions. The fitness center
is a sweaty environment… add a multitude of contrasting scents
and it makes for very unpleasant combination!