Gynecologic Cancer Treatments
Because gynecologic cancers can have a wide range of physical and emotional
effects, we offer services to strengthen the mind, body and spirit. Jupiter
Medical Center’s complimentary patient navigator service can help
you and your family by providing the information, knowledge, support and
guidance necessary to manage the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
The patient navigator, a vital member of our multispecialty team, collaborates
with your doctors and your treatment team, which eliminates unnecessary
phone calls and long waiting periods and allows you to focus on what’s
most important—beating cancer. Our patients are also given access
to compassionate counselors, integrative medicine services, dietitians,
cancer rehabilitation specialists, and support groups to address the physical
and emotional side of fighting cancer.
At Jupiter Medical Center, we are committed to providing cancer care of
the highest quality. Our clinic is staffed with multidisciplinary medical
experts who provide patients with a comprehensive evaluation and consensus
on the plan of care. Our patients meet with all of these specialists in
one appointment in order to create an improved coordinated care effort.
Our multidisciplinary clinic is designed to evaluate patients in a comprehensive,
single-day setting to minimize the time between diagnosis and treatment.
Patients are seen by a team of experts who are subspecialists in gynecologic cancers.
- Resources provided by our clinic include:
- A comprehensive initial evaluation
- A review of outside specimens and scans
- A consensus regarding the management of each patient’s specific diagnosis
- Access to clinical trials
- Patient and family education about what to expect through treatment
- One-on-one support from the patient navigator
- Genetic testing and counseling, if indicated
Our robotic surgery program provides patients with state-of-the art, minimally
invasive surgical options, including laparoscopic surgery, vaginal surgery
and robotic assisted surgery with the da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System.
The da Vinci system, which allows for a more precise procedure, is beneficial
for performing complex procedures.
- In robotic surgery, patients often benefit from:
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Fewer and smaller incisions
- Early return to normal daily activities
- A shorter hospital stay