A pioneer and leading practitioner of thoracic surgery using the da Vinci®
robotic technology, Dr. Lee is the medical director of the Thoracic Surgery
& Lung Center of Excellence at Jupiter Medical Center.
Dr. Lee’s background includes previously serving as medical director
of thoracic surgery and chief of the Anne Arundel Medical Center Institute
of Robotic Surgery in Annapolis.
Board certified in cardiothoracic surgery and general surgery and a fellow
in the American College of Surgery, Dr. Lee received his medical degree
from New York Medical College. He completed his general surgery residency
at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York and his cardiothoracic residency
at University of Massachusetts.
Dr. Lee has spent many years traveling around the United States as an instructor
of robotic Thoracic Surgery.
- Dr. Lee’s areas of special interest and research include:
- Multimodality therapy for lung and esophageal cancer
- Surgery for higher-stage lung cancer
- Minimally invasive surgery for lung and esophageal cancer
- Minimally invasive surgery for mediastinal diseases
- Robotic lobectomy for lung cancer
- Robotic thymectomy surgery