Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program
The MBSR program consists of eight weekly two-and-a-half hour classes and
a one-day retreat (on a weekend) between sessions six and seven. Highly
participatory, supportive, and structured, this program will provide you with:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices;
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga;
- Group dialogue and mindful communication exercises to enhance awareness
in everyday life;
- Daily home assignments; and
- Home practice materials including guided mindfulness practice CDs and a workbook.
What to Expect
The program is challenging and life-affirming. Instructors are accomplished
and skilled at creating a safe, supportive, and deeply engaging experiential
learning environment. They will assist you in learning these methods,
providing both group and individualized instructions and direction for
how to learn, practice, and integrate mindfulness into your everyday life.
Participating in the MBSR program requires an ongoing commitment to yourself.
You will be asked to attend all classes, including the one-day weekend
retreat, and to practice daily home assignments.