In the event of a hurricane WARNING, Jupiter Medical Center will provide
shelter with the following standards in mind:
- The patient must be 38 weeks or more in gestation.
- The patient must be pre-registered at Jupiter Medical Center.
The patient may have
only 1 adult person accompany her.
- The patient will be placed in the OB Family Lounge on the third floor.
- The patient must provide her own sleeping bag, pillow, linens, and should
bring snacks and water with her. Due to the nature of the situation space
will be shared and not private
- The patient (and support person) may only bring 1 car as parking will be limited.
Depending on the number of expectant patients seeking shelter, it may be
very crowded. We will determine unit occupancy based on the activity at the time.
For further questions please call 561-263-4154