- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bullion (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat. Clean and cut cauliflower
into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes or until
well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very
dry between several layers of paper towels.
In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the
hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base,
and pepper until almost smooth.
Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.
Hint: Try roasting the garlic and adding a little fresh rosemary for a
whole new taste.