- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red and green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
Combine the oil, onion, and bell peppers in a large skillet and sauté
over a medium-high flame for 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and curry powder
and cook for 1 minute. Stir in squash, water, salt, and cilantro. Cover
and cook over medium-low heat about 15 minutes. Serve with cooked rice.
Serves 4 - Each serving contains about 176 calories, 7.2 g fat (36% calories
from fat), 0 mg cholesterol, and 116 mg sodium.