Pediatric Emergency Services
The Mastroianni Family Pediatric Emergency Department is a separate wing
with dedicated pediatric physicians and nurses available 24/7. We treat
more than 3,000 youngsters each year—nursing them back to health
from illness and injury, while making them feel comfortable and safe.
We also provide innovative Telehealth technology, enabling Nicklaus Children’s
Hospital specialists to interact with our physicians and patients to discuss
images and lab results, and capture vital assessment information in real time.
Our Emergency Department also provides:
- Dedicated pediatric physicians and nurses available 24/7.
- Nursing staff additionally trained in the care of children. They are eager
to care for your child and their needs.
- Eight treatment rooms, including an orthopedic room and two triage areas.
- Medical equipment designed specifically for smaller patients.
- Pediatric paramedics
- Other pediatric sub-specialists available
- Toys, interactive games and kid-sized furniture to help reduce the stress
of being in an emergency room.
Child Life Specialist on-site to help your child navigate the potentially emotionally and physically
demanding process of coping with hospitalization through age appropriate
explanations. For information, call 561-263-3155.