Genitourinary Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment
At Jupiter Medical Center’s Genitourinary Oncology Program, you’ll
find advanced diagnostic and treatment technologies combined with specialists
who are leading experts in the detection and treatment of genitourinary
cancers. Our entire team is passionate about providing the treatment options,
information and support patients need. Because each patient is unique,
your team will work to recommend the best course of treatment for you
and your stage of cancer.
- Genitourinary cancers include cancers that affects the:
- Urinary tract
- Testicular and penile region
MRI/ultrasound Fusion Guided Prostate Biospy
Jupiter Medical Center offers MRI/ultrasound fusion guided biopsy for prostate
cancer. This technology helps urologists precisely target the area of
the prostate that needs to be biopsied. This approach allows our doctors
to sample the exact site in the prostate where there is a concern for
cancer. Studies show that MRI fusion guided biopsies help to target tumors
that need treatment and reduce the number of repeat biopsies and allowing
for earlier diagnosis and treatment.
PSMA PET-CT SCAN
The PSMA PET-CT scan is used to stage prostate cancer in patients who have
had a positive biopsy and in patients who have had their prostate removed
but now present with increasing levels of PSA (a prostate activity market)
in their blood indicating that their cancer may have recurred.
PSMA stands for Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen and is a peptide (a
very small protein) that is expressed on the surface of prostate cancer
cells. In a PSMA PET-CT scan a molecule which specifically binds to this
peptide is linked to a radioactive isotope. When this compound is injected
it will bind to any cells in teh body which express PSMA on their surface.
This assists physicians with accurate location and staging of either primary
or recurrent prostate cancer allowing for more targeted therapy.
We Offer a Wide Array of Cancer Care Resources
No stone should be left unturned when fighting cancer care. At Jupiter
Medical Center, we help patients stay focused on fighting the disease
and enjoying a higher quality of life. With an entire team of oncology
experts working together, we are able to address the side effects of cancer
and its treatments while concentrating on treating the condition as a whole.
We provide our patients with numerous resources for GU Cancer:
- A multidisciplinary team of physician experts collaborating on a treatment
plan individualized to your specific cancer
- MR Fusion Guided Prostate Biospy
- Treatment options including minimally invasive and robotic surgery, Nanoknife®
IRE ablation for prostate cancer
- Radiation Therapy with the most advanced technology in the area including
CyberKnife® M6™, Varian TrueBeam and High Dose Rate Brachytherapy
for prostate cancer
- Chemotherapy and infusion services
- PET/CT advanced imaging technology that allows us to track the spread of
cancer and evaluate the effectiveness of treatments
- Patient navigation team, dedicated oncology social worker and dietitian
- Oncology rehabilitation services including lymphedema specialists
- Clinical trials that provide eligible patients with access to cutting-edge
- Cancer Wellness Program
- Educational resources for patients and their families
Cancer is hard on patients and families, but you are not in this alone.
We are dedicated to not only treating your cancer but meeting your physical,
emotional, mental and spiritual needs as well so you enjoy a better quality of life.